Returns and Refunds Policy
IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVID-19 POLICY
Effective 1st March 2020 and until further notice, change-of-mind refunds and exchanges will not be available for a range of products that have been in higher than usual demand, including toilet paper, tissues, soap and sanitiser, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Back-ordered items will incur a 30% cancellation fee if the order is cancelled.
Madken believes this is a necessary measure to meet the current demand and we thank customers for their understanding.
Can I exchange an item?
We do not offer exchanges. If you have purchased the incorrect item or have changed your mind, please place a new order for the new item, and a refund will be processed for returned items.
Please read our returns policy below for terms and conditions.
Non-Returnable Items include:
- Custom made items
- Runout items
Conditions of Return:
- Goods must be in original condition, unused and uninstalled and include all original hardware and packaging.
- Notification of intent to return must be received by Madken within 15 business days of delivery (or 90 days for customers who purchased insurance).
- Once Madken have determined you are within the returns period, a Return Authorisation Form (RTA) will be emailed through. This must be completed and
attached the returning goods. Any returns without completed form will be denied and held until it has been received.
- Goods must be returned within 15 business days of RTA being issued (with the exception of customers in Western Australia or New Zealand who are allowed 20 days for return).
- The customer is responsible for the arrangement and cost of return postage and assumes all risk (with exception of customers who have purchased insurance).
We recommend you use an insured freight method and package goods in a manner that will not incur damage during transit.
- Once goods have been received back, our warehouse will carefully inspect the goods for re-sale. In the case of an item being returned incomplete or damaged,
the return will be denied, or dependant on the situation a partial store credit may be granted, at the discretion of Madken.
- Funds will be returned to customer by the same way payment was made. If payment was made by bank deposit, you will need to provide your banking details.
- All returns will incur a 25% restocking fee which will be deducted from the refund/store credit total (with the exception of customers who purchased insurance).
- The freight charge paid by customer OR Madken’s outgoing shipping charge if freight was not paid will also be deducted from the refund/store credit.
If you would like to return an item, please contact us on 1300 662 683 or email@example.com for a Return Authorisation Form.
What does insurance cover?
- If your order is lost in transit or arrives damaged Madken will prioritise to investigate the situation (please allow 5 business days) and organise replacement of the products or a refund.
- Free return of items. Madken will organise the collection of goods at no extra cost to you, which will then be returned to us and inspected.
- Extended returns period of 90 days.
- You will not be charged the 25% re-stocking fee for returns and will receive a refund/store credit for total item value. Insurance charge and freight charge will not be credited.
INCORRECT DELIVERIES OR DAMAGED ITEMS
If you receive an incorrect delivery, damaged item or short supply, please notify Madken within 14 days of delivery date (except mirrors*) and our customer service team will investigate the matter.
For damaged goods, pictures must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inspect goods upon delivery and do not sign for goods if damage is evident.
Our warehouse ensures your orders are packaged in the most secure packaging possible so your item arrives in perfect condition. Despite this, goods are sent with third party freight companies and we can’t always guarantee they will take as much care with your parcels as we do.
For our customers who elect to take out insurance; We will prioritise to investigate your situation (please allow 5 business days) and if your item is found to be lost in transit or arrives damaged we will organise replacement of the products or a refund.
For our customers who declined the insurance option; We will investigate your situation (please allow 5 business days). Madken does not accept responsibility or liability for any items lost or damaged during transit and unfortunately we are unable to supply replacements or a refund. We apologise for any inconvenience.
*If you have received a damaged mirror, Madken must be notified within 48 hours of delivery and images must be emailed to email@example.com. We strongly recommend you purchase insurance with all mirror products to protect your order.
WARRANTY OF GOODS
All products sold on our website are 100% genuine articles and Madken stands by their respective manufacturer warranties. We will gladly assist in the warranty process for any items that are faulty within the advertised warranty period. Some companies like Dyson prefer to deal with warranty claims in house, we are happy to supply their contact number.
If you are unsure what the warranty period is please contact us and we can speak to the manufacturer on your behalf.
We try our best to ensure that all products are shipped free from manufacturing defects. If you receive a product with a manufacturing defect we must be notified within 14 days of delivery and Madken will then liase with the manufacturer on your behalf to resolve this for you.
If your product is within the warranty period and found to be faulty, through no fault of the customer, Madken will organise repair or replacement of the product or offer a refund.